The Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute (MSSI) was established in 2009 as an Interdisciplinary Research Institute at the University of Melbourne. Our approach includes an emphasis on the contribution of the social sciences to understanding and addressing sustainability and resilience challenges. We are hosted by the Faculty of Architecture, Building & Planning.
Goals: To enable and support
- University of Melbourne, Australian and international research linkages and partnerships
- Development and implementation of interdisciplinary research projects
- Production and dissemination of high impact publications and research findings
- Post graduate research and learning
- Public engagement and debate
Our team of academic, research and professional staff members
MSSI enjoys the support of a diverse and vibrant Advisory Board of experts, leaders and champions of sustainability.
The MSSI Executive Committee consists of academic faculty representatives, who provide advice to the Director and act as a conduit for communications across the University.
Honoraries and Associates
MSSI benefits from the knowledge, influence and skills of our Honorary Fellows and Associates
Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute
Click here for a University of Melbourne Parkville Campus Map, Building No. 133
Subscribe to receive info on news, events, publications and opportunities.
All enquiries about admission to internships, exchanges or courses, including Masters and PhD, should be sent to the relevant faculty or school at the University.