The MSSI Climate Transformations Research Cluster aims to facilitate research and policy linkages and projects leading to increased understanding of climate change mitigation and adaptation challenges and responses.
2016 focus and priorities: The road beyond Paris - accelerating the implementation and increasing the ambition of the Paris climate agreement.
- Climate and energy strategies in Australia and in other countries crucial to rapid implementation of Paris Agreement: particularly India, China, EU and Brazil
- Subnational (city and regional) climate, energy and resilience strategies
- Economic decarbonisation strategies: particularly mobilizing climate finance; equitable transitions from fossil fuel industries to renewable energy; sustainable and low carbon land use
Key climate change research initiatives at the University of Melbourne include:
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science
- Australian-German Climate & Energy College
- EU Centre on Shared Complex Challenges
- Melbourne Energy Institute
- Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre
- Post Carbon Pathways Project
- Victorian Eco-Innovation Lab
- Visions and Pathways 2040 (Co-operative Research Centre for Low Carbon Living)
- Victorian Centre for Climate Change Adaptation Research
Are we prepared for climate emergencies? The Refuge project brings together artists, service providers and the community to rehearse climate related emergencies.
Strong global climate change mitigation will require a significant decline in coal use...
A series of University seminars with a focus on climate change issues...
In cities around the world, policy and investment decisions will play a key role in locking in—or avoiding—high carbon pathways.
CLIMARTE brings together a broad alliance of arts organisations committed to action on climate change...
International climate negotiation issues during and after COP 21 in Paris.
What are the implications of the economic and energy transformation currently occuring in China?